No announcement yet.

Clydes 72 2.5ST recreation project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glass (plexan) is all in and re anodised trims all back in place...getting closer!
    Attached Files
    Clyde Boyer
    TYP 901 Register Inc.
    President
    Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Any new photos Clyde? How's the engine coming along?

Comment

No new photos sorry, not much progress.

Just accumulating the special pieces I need MFI pump, throttle bodies and stacks etc but waiting for engine builder to have a spot for me.

Probably not till early next year
        Clyde Boyer
        TYP 901 Register Inc.
        President

Comment

I miss this thread!

What's happening Clyde?
          Jeff Garvey
          1971 911s (needs resto)

Comment

Jeff not much has changed sorry body nearly 100% complete but the engine is dragging its heels
            Clyde Boyer
            TYP 901 Register Inc.
            President

Comment

It's worth the wait. Have you considered taking advance bookings for willing passengers?!
              Jeff Garvey
              1971 911s (needs resto)

Comment

Originally posted by Garvs View Post
                It's worth the wait. Have you considered taking advance bookings for willing passengers?!
                Clyde won't drive this car when its done... I think he is having a custom-made glass room attached to his house to display it in...
                Mark Munro
                '69 911T (sold)
                '76 911 Carrera 3.0 coupe
                '69 MG Midget Group S car
                TYP901 Register #196

Comment

Yes I will but only when the sun is shining

Jeff booking taken.
                  Clyde Boyer
                  TYP 901 Register Inc.
                  President

Comment

Be pretty interesting in the wet!!

Cheers
                    Jeff Garvey
                    1971 911s (needs resto)

Comment

Some action again on the ST Dave has been fitting Bob Tiltons excellent decals to side and rear

I have located here in Australia, due to another post on this board, a rare, very early 7R case on which the ST motor will now be built and it came from a T which is not supposed to be the case another example of Porsche definitive never being definitive.

It appears the engine was built right at the very end of the USA MFI models in 73 before the change to CIS, all the CIS cases had 7R cases but different and non suitable spigot sizes for a my long stroke 2.5 HOWEVER the engine I acquired had the smaller spigots making it perfect for the ST build. A lucky find, thanks TIm.

Probably in the last handful of 73MFI cars built as a T hence the use of the new case but with the T internals (911/51)
                      Attached Files
                      Clyde Boyer
                      TYP 901 Register Inc.
                      President

Comment

Originally posted by Terminator View Post
                        Some action again on the ST Dave has been fitting Bob Tiltons excellent decals to side and rear

I have located here in Australia, due to another post on this board, a rare, very early 7R case on which the ST motor will now be built and it came from a T which is not supposed to be the case another example of Porsche definitive never being definitive.

It appears the engine was built right at the very end of the USA MFI models in 73 before the change to CIS, all the CIS cases had 7R cases but different and non suitable spigot sizes for a my long stroke 2.5 HOWEVER the engine I acquired had the smaller spigots making it perfect for the ST build. A lucky find, thanks TIm.

Probably in the last handful of 73MFI cars built as a T hence the use of the new case but with the T internals (911/51)

Just looking better and better! Hope you get bored with it very quickly when it's done so I can buy it!!!

Comment

My old ST engine was built on the same type of case.

Nice and strong and un-stressed in the T's

Didn't think they were that rare?
                          Last edited by CamBiscuit; 29-01-14, 10:54 PM.
                          Cam Arnott
                          Looking for engine #6208151
                          1970 911E (Sold)
                          '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
                          2 x Split Screen Kombis
                          TYP 901 Register # 78
                          Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Seems like they only had them at the very end of the run of approx 1200 MFI USA cars. Probably less than 100 engines is the thought so in the scheme of things quite rare.
                            Clyde Boyer
                            TYP 901 Register Inc.
                            President

Comment

Bumper stripes going on and side script now on both sides

We have to figure out which way to fit the Bosche kill switch and small flag style mirror goes on soon too. Drilling into that body will be fun

Interior is complete however the guy who made the repa seat belts has reproduced exactly the factory needlepoint so have bought enough to do the car and will change out the balck needlepoint at some stage in the future.
                              Attached Files
                              Clyde Boyer
                              TYP 901 Register Inc.
                              President

Comment

looking awesome Clyde, good to see some WERKCREW decals going on !

Comment

Working...
                                X