No announcement yet.

Australian Delivered 1969 ST for me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats Mark. Looks and sounds like a great purchase.

Cheers
    Adam

Comment

I got home from work today and found a present had arrived from the previous owner!
      Original bonnet is in good condition with a bit of surface rust and scratches and it has the bonnet catch attached. Looks like it may have been repainted at some stage, it appears a bit darker than I would have expected for 6853 Metalic Blue - any thoughts?
      He also send the fibreglass moulds for the bumpers and front flared guards and two more wheels and tyres.
      Attached Files
      Mark Branson
      1969 Australian Delivered 911 ST Replica.
      TYP901 Register # 349

Comment

Tough colour to pick from pics but my 69E was originally blue metallic and based on traces of original paint inside and under dash cowl, the bonnet looks closer to the original than the current exterior.

I saw your car at QR a few years ago and thought then that the colour seemed a bit light compared to the few bits of original paint from my car that had never seen any sun. However, you would need to compare side by side in the same light etc to get a true guide.

BTW, great car by look of things and good to the old owner pass on unwanted "junk"
        Jeff Eelkema
        TYP 901 #132
        S-Reg #1431
        69E (project)
        various bevel Ducatis
        60s Vespa

Comment

I thought is was time for an update, plus a question or two.

In an effort to get this car onto SA registration I have been making it a bit less boy racer so as to not raise eyebrows at the inspector station.

As a part of this we have lifted it up to a road height, removed the welded in cage, removed the battery from the cabin, put a muffler on it, installed some klippan seat belts per the forums advice and I am now test fitting some seats a mate has lent me while I save up for some of Phils ST seats!

However I am clearly missing a sub frame that allows the seat runners to mount to the body. Anyone got a photo of what these look like or even better a set they are willing to sell?

On a positive note the guys at Buik Motorworks here in Adelaide (no connection) were very good and after a major service pronounce it VERY healthy indeed.
          Attached Files
          Mark Branson
          TYP901 Register # 349

Comment

There is a plate on the outside of each seat that screws to the floor that allows the seat to be mounted

Pic tomorrow
            Clyde Boyer
            TYP 901 Register Inc.
            President
            Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Thanks Clyde
              I thought that must be the case as the slider lever works in the brackets fixed to the tunnel and the door side seems to need a 25 mm packer to bring the seat up to level.

Picture will be well appreciated and if anyone has one for sale that would be great also.
              Mark Branson
              TYP901 Register # 349

Comment

This is the bracket you need which bolts to the outside sill and accepts the std comfort seat slider. These are real hens teeth items (of course). There is a left and right bracket. As you mention, the inner sliders bolts onto the tunnel mounts which are welded to the floor. One pic shows the side bracket in teh car with one of the special adaptor plates we make to suit the BF Torino seats sliders.

Hope these pics help.
                Attached Files
                sigpicPhil Lack
                TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                Early 911-S Registry # 690
                R-Gruppe # 367
                '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
                2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

I might have a couple of loaners, if you just needed to get through Regency?

Comment

Also I may be out of my depth here, contradicting Phil, but I think the ones in Phils pictures are for SWB?
                    I think replacement LWB versions are being remade by Tangerine 911 here http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-911-...b9d768&vxp=mtr
                    Last edited by 9er; 01-10-15, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Thanks Chris and Phil,

Phil, it looks like the lower image of the bracket in the car is the one I am missing. I can't quite make out how the nice new brackets in your photos would mount and achieve the height gain required - possibly SWB?

And Chris that eBay one from Tangerine911 does look like the bracket in Phils photo which looks the business. As I will one day get some of Phils seats I will need them anyway but thanks for the offer of a loner.
                      Mark Branson
                      TYP901 Register # 349

Comment

Ordered a set of brackets from Tangerine911 (carpoint) on ebay from Germany. The order was placed on a Wednesday and they arrived the following Tuesday, the brackets are great quality and finish and they were fitted up on the weekend and every hole lined up and fitted perfectly.

No connection but good service and quality is worth a mention.
                        Attached Files
                        Mark Branson
                        TYP901 Register # 349

Comment

Wow double locker sports seat brackets didn't know anyone was making those as only mid 1973 cars need those unless you have mid 1973 Recaro sports seats in your car
                          Clyde Boyer
                          TYP 901 Register Inc.
                          President

Comment

I figure since he tooled up to make them he would have been silly not to make both sides slotted

Comment

Yes I guess you cover all bases by making the one that suits maybe 10% of the seats but works on 100% of the seats.

Bit like the heat exchangers from danks they now suit all MFI 72/73 cars but not the early ones unless you unpick the added piece.
                              Clyde Boyer
                              TYP 901 Register Inc.
                              President

Comment

Well it took about a month or more but just received the COA for my car!

I can now share the process I went through to get it.

I used the order form from the PC North America site (attached below), emailed it to the address and paid by credit card. A helpful lady emailed back saying she could refund my money or if I could organise a US address she could ship it there, as they can not ship outside the US. Also she noted she could not define what the interior description should be for the code 9843 and offered to chase this through Germany which could "take weeks" or just leave the interior as the code. Fortunately Harry in Melbourne had told me the description and she was most appreciative and said they will save that on file. The fact the car was Australian and not US delivered was not an issue.

So now using a friends uncles mothers brothers address I was able to supply a US address. A few weeks later they received the Porsche stamped envelope and posted it here to Oz ($16 postage) and it arrived safely.

It came in a Silver folio with a little letter, and the all important Certificate!

Now that I have this certificate you can probably guess what my next post will be......
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Silver Fish; 16-02-16, 11:55 PM.
                                Mark Branson
                                TYP901 Register # 349

Comment

Working...
                                X