• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Harry View Post
    Here is a start, looking for constructive criticism :p

Thanks!

Cheers,

Harry.

[ATTACH]18838[/ATTACH]
    I really like this one. It keeps many of the elements of the current one - shield & car. It's probably worth investigating what constraints you need to work within for manufacture. The line detail on the car might be tricky when actual size. Also, does an irregular shape (not a circle) change the manufacturing costs significantly. There are many Chinese manufacturers of grill badges advertised on alibaba. Here's a link to one that looks good.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detai...179266504.html

The level of detail on their examples seems very fine, so probably not issue with the car illustration.

It may also be worth doing a 3D print once the design has been agreed so that there are no surprises during manufacturing.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by e72phil View Post
          Thanks Harry, I still like the shield design as it lends itself to stickers, embroidery, caps, grille badges etc. the longer banner style is OK for stickers but thats about all.

Thanks for going to the effort to produce some new designs for kicking around to the membership.
          Hi Phil,

Agreed on the shield but in providing a new logo we need to think of the look and feel of our forum / website, stationary etc as well.

The more attractive our logo / brand is the more likely we are to make money from merchandising.

Cheers,

Harry.

Comment

I'll visit a potential local supplier in the next week or so if the crew here wish. & Harry pls PM me your email as I have some 'concepts' for you to play with. Cheers Stew.

Comment

Great discussion and you are the man Harry! I would buy any of those. Especially like the 'road' effect on the T.

Comment

Originally posted by Merv View Post
                Great discussion and you are the man Harry! I would buy any of those. Especially like the 'road' effect on the T.
                I can't take the credit Merv.

I'm getting my brother in law (who is an automotive designer) to do the work whilst he is stuck at home recovering from a heart attack

Cheers,

Harry.

Comment

Love the second one Harry!
                  Tom Laube
                  Instagram - #first_corner_fever

Porsche - '73 LHD 911T, '72 RHD 911T, '79 All Rounder SC
                  VW - '60 Type1 Factory Sunroof, '64 Kombi

Comment

One thing to remember is that too fine a detail in the logo can not be reproduced in grille badges or embroidery. Screen printing and sticker printing is not a problem with any of these designs.

Unfortunately due to all the reasons previously stated, we could not use the Porsche name or crest on any merchandise. Nothing to stop someone adding our logo to an existing Porsche shirt, but then you cannot sell it on.
                    sigpicPhil Lack
                    TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                    Early 911-S Registry # 690
                    R-Gruppe # 367
                    '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                    '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
                    2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                    1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

One thing to remember is that too fine a detail in the logo can not be reproduced in grille badges or embroidery. Screen printing and sticker printing is not a problem with any of these designs.

Unfortunately due to all the reasons previously stated, we could not use the Porsche name or crest on any merchandise. Nothing to stop someone adding our logo to an existing Porsche shirt, but then you cannot sell it on.
                      I was also thinking that with fine detail, but when I started searching the manufacturing processes that they are using now can get really fine. The guys in this link charge between $1 - $5 per badge

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detai...179266504.html

Comment

I requested a sample, lets see how they look in reality
                        Clyde Boyer
                        TYP 901 Register Inc.
                        President
                        Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Jason, I looked at their site. If you order more than 5000 pcs, there is no mould charge, but they fail to mention the mould costs. So the $1 - $5 cost per pce may not be entirely accurate.

There is always a 'setup' and/or 'artwork' fee.......... Quality isnt always that cheap. I would like to see more accurate costings for, say, 200 pcs if someone cars to approach them for a quote.
                          sigpicPhil Lack
                          TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                          Early 911-S Registry # 690
                          R-Gruppe # 367
                          '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                          '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
                          2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                          1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Jason, I looked at their site. If you order more than 5000 pcs, there is no mould charge, but they fail to mention the mould costs. So the $1 - $5 cost per pce may not be entirely accurate.

There is always a 'setup' and/or 'artwork' fee.......... Quality isnt always that cheap. I would like to see more accurate costings for, say, 200 pcs if someone cars to approach them for a quote.
                            Yes, I expected something like that. I was impressed with the level of detail. I'm sure all manufacturers would have mould costs. I'm not suggesting dealing with Chinese makers, but might be a cost benchmark. They also provide samples.

Comment

Originally posted by Terminator View Post
                              I requested a sample, lets see how they look in reality

Despite their site saying they provide samples I got an email saying they do not
                              Clyde Boyer
                              TYP 901 Register Inc.
                              President
                              Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Is anything happening with this?
                                Mickc

65’ 912/6
                                70’ 911T coupe
                                00’ MK1 GT3 CS​

Comment

Working...