• Show
Clear All

no excuses!!
    MichaelJapp
    71E
    Typ901 #065
    EarlyS #798

Comment

They did not enforce the 'driven at the track before' rule as there were a nunber of drivers who had not driven there before. But those that know the track, will know that it is a good idea to have had some seat time there before taking on the monster! And with 50 cars on the track, there is not much room for mishaps!!!

Jappy did you get my email?
      Alex Webster
      A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

yeah, don't think my cahunas are big enough to go "live" on the track without having driven it before...
        Richard Griffiths
        1970 911T 2.8

Comment

REGARDING TARGET SCRUTINY CARS (Hung and others)

Chief Scrutineer is happy to go with cars that have been through the process. Unfortunately as we do not ask this question anywhere in our paperwork as the majority of cars will not have been through the process, we will not know the answer as to weather a car needs scrutineering or not until after document check. We will do the best we can.
          Last edited by alexwebster; 02-07-08, 11:45 AM.
          Alex Webster

Comment

Aaron looks like he will put his hand up to join the team in the last spot. If he confirms it, we are now back to capacity!!
            Last edited by alexwebster; 02-07-08, 04:02 PM.
            Alex Webster

Comment

Originally posted by griffiths_r View Post
              yeah, don't think my cahunas are big enough to go "live" on the track without having driven it before...
              Rich,

Unfortunately one usually needs to back up his big cahunas with a big wallet.
              GroupS 76 3.0 Carrera http://typ901.org/showthread.php?t=4220

Comment

Originally posted by alexwebster View Post
                Aaron looks like he will put his hand up to join the team in the last spot. If he confirms it, we are now back to capacity!!

Correct-o-mundo Alex!!

I'm in!!

I phoned Cairns up today and got them to drop the rear and re-align the car for the track.

Looking forward to it!!

Comment

Hi guys, I just joined 901 and read the thread. Why do you need a group of cars to do PI regularity? Do you need another? Regs Simon

Comment

Hi Simon,

its a 6 Hour team event and I think we now have 3 full teams. Alex will chime in soon and let you know.
                    sigpicPhil Lack
                    TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                    Early 911-S Registry # 690
                    R-Gruppe # 367
                    '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                    '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
                    2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                    1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Hi Simon!

Welcome to the board and to this thread!!

The 6 hour is a regularity at Phillip Island at the end of August. Unfortunately you are about 24 hours too late, as we just refilled out last spot available in the 3 teams we are running this year.

IF you like, we can put you on the reserve list if someone drops out.

You are more than welcome to take a trip down on the weekend to see us all and meet some fellow 901'ers. I know your RSR rep is a quick car!

Next year you will have to put your hand up if you are available and want to compete. You only need a Level 2 licence, harness and fire extinguisher. I know your car has all of those. Only issue is that you cannot do a lap quicker than 1.55 or they drum you out of the event if you do it more than 3 times!
                      Alex Webster

Comment

simon

even if you can't get a drive, most definitely put it in your diary to come down to the island and spend 2 fanastic days in the pits (and at brett's place) soaking up the amateur racing environment... just watch out. don't get caught reading a paper at the track - brett's been paying for that for years!!!
                        Richard Griffiths
                        1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Simon,
                          are you still keen, something has come up & I may have to pull the pin! Not that I want too as it is a great weekend, but sometimes sacrifises must be made!

Jappy
                          Last edited by mj911e; 16-07-08, 10:42 AM.
                          MichaelJapp
                          71E
                          Typ901 #065
                          EarlyS #798

Comment

Jappy what happened!!!!!!
                            Alex Webster

Comment

Hi guys,
                              bit of an update. We have 3 full teams with some new drivers to replace Tim, Mark, Dave and then Jappy!

Good news that all is in readiness for the event.

I have the t-shirt prints on order and they should be done next week. If you want to send me a t-shirt to put the transfer onto then please contact me direct. Otherwise you can do it at the track. Please everyone (drivers and pitcrew) make sure you have a t-shirt so that we look like a team!

As pit crew goes, I need to get names of those that are definately coming down so that we know who to add to the pitcrew list for registration. Please show your hands now on this thread. We need quite a few helpers this year so please if you are able to spare the day to help out, it would be great to see you at the track.

I am in the process of ordering some core flute banners for the front of the garages - with our logo (TYP901) and TYP901 #1 #2 and #3. I will pick up the cost of these on behalf of Porsche Classics for the club that can be held for future use.

As far as tools, we generally don't need to do too much to the cars, but the last thing we need is for everyone to bring their tools. Therefore I know Spencer will bring most of his tools, and I will bring some other tools, like trolley jack, jack stands and compressor and rattle gun and tyre pressure attachment.

Tools that you will want to bring yourself will be:
                              • Any spare parts
                              • Spare wheel/s - tyres are available at the track if required
                              • Your own tyre pressure gauge (all of them read slightly different)
                              • Window cleaner
                              • Rags
                              • Driving Suit / non-flamable clothing
                              • Helmet and gloves
                              • Dorian (if you have one)
                              • Good driving shoes or boots - race boots are best
                              • Sunglasses
                              • Rain-ex and Anti fog (in case it rains - wipers are no good at 150 km/h+
                              • T-SHIRT for the transfers
                              Remember that the fuel is being supplied by Mark Tierney so you don't need fuel drums.

Remember also that the Friday night between 6 and 8 we can drop the cars and stuff off, so that may be a good time for those that are down there to help unload, and set up the garage for a quick start on the Saturday morning.

Also remember that the drivers can register on the week of at pub in Bells Hotel in South Melbourne. I encourage all drivers if possible to do this to help the conjestion on Saturday morning.

Those drivers that have done the registration during the week will be the first to have their cars scrutineered and be out on the track first.

I have had discussions with some drivers about door panels being made for the event, instead of using the supplied laminated ones.
                              Would everyone be willing to spend a few $$$ to have proper side panels on their cars? I will get some quotes and get them made up for each driver. Please respond to this. Majority rules.

I will send out an email also, but those pit crew and managers please raise your hands again.

Thanks
                              Alex Webster

Comment

Alex

i'm a definite. Can you include Paul Miniken on the pit crew list. I know he'll be down to watch (and hopefully help out!).

Also, I think Mark wasn't able to make it to the island and we were taking the fuel drums and pump down? looks like i'll have neither a 901 (battery issues still) nor a ute... so will have to organise a lift down sometime on friday and back on sunday if anyone has a spare seat?? or ute for fuel?!?

rich
                                Richard Griffiths
                                1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Working...
                                X