vBulletin 5 Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Uwe

Is there a know issue with photos not transferring over for older threads?

I have searched for restoring comfort seats which led me to this link https://www.typ901.org/forum/forum/t...-comfort-seats and there are no photos in the thread. This is true for other searched threads as well.

I have tried this off a phone, tablet, and PC and was logged in.

Cheers
    Adam

Comment

Hi Adam, no known issue, I just tried it from my phone and the first pictures are on posts #26 and 28, can you see those?
      Uwe Imhoff
      TYP901 Website Mechanic

Comment

Originally posted by 911jack View Post
        Hi Adam, no known issue, I just tried it from my phone and the first pictures are on posts #26 and 28, can you see those?
        Hi Uwe.

Can't see the post #'s off my iPad however would think there should be a photo in the following screen grab.

I also checked Clyde's Reccaro restoration thread, where I remember there were photos, and none showed.

Whats weird is it works for the new threads.

Running Chrome if that helps?

Cheers
        Adam

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamGill View Post

Hi Uwe.

Can't see the post #'s off my iPad however would think there should be a photo in the following screen grab.

I also checked Clyde's Reccaro restoration thread, where I remember there were photos, and none showed.

Whats weird is it works for the new threads.

Running Chrome if that helps?

Cheers
          Adam
          Hi Uwe / all

Figured this out. You need to be in "posts" NOT "latest activity" to see the pics - these are the grey / orange boxes at the top left of the thread. I tend to use the filters / searches and most of the searches return under "latest activity". When you are in posts you get the post #.

Cheers
          Adam

Comment

Great Adam, good to know the sequence causing the behavior.
            Uwe Imhoff
            TYP901 Website Mechanic

Comment

I find it to be a less friendly interface and the features to be non intuitive.
              Going on the forum feels like a chore to me now.......but that may say more about me than the new format.

Comment

I sometimes feel the same way... BUT, i try to remember that we had the last forum for a very, very, very, very, very long time (from a tech perspective I think it's the equivalent of the cretaceous period).

there is obviously going to be an adjustment period to get used to everything - and now we can get all the updates and security stuff happening in the background that just wasn't possible.

Richard Griffiths
                1970 911T 2.8

Comment

The new system is adaptable in its layout and navigation, so if there is a more intuitive way of doing things, let us know. I'm all for improvement where it's needed, just need to imagine the possibilities.

Although the change in functionality is in the hands of vbulletin just like Porsche creates new 911's

Writing this from my phone, now that was difficult in the old system.
                  Uwe Imhoff
                  TYP901 Website Mechanic

Comment

Yeah, it's a much better experience on the phone!
                    Richard Griffiths
                    1970 911T 2.8

Comment

The member list crashes out if try to go to the second page.
                      Marcus
                      TYP901 Member #81
                      1972 911E

Comment

Hi Uwe,
                        I can view pics and txt when not logged in.
                        Take for example my fuchs fs thread, If I click on it it comes up blank below the thread title, if you then click latest activity (below title) the whole thread comes up.
                        Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Thanks for finding it, the hole is now plugged, please let me know that all is well now.
                          Uwe Imhoff
                          TYP901 Website Mechanic

Comment

Working...
                          X