Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i just drooled on my iPad......love it

Comment

You're making a new car there Clyde! Great work.

Comment

Originally posted by jock69t View Post
        You must have been reading Darren65's Mongrel Street Racer thread on DDK. Are most of these parts from Ben Coles?
        Jock

I have been speaking to both Darren (lots) and Ben but also to Mark at EB Racing and Chris Flavell (Chris Seven)

All very helpful.

So far Ben is contributing the fan shroud as he did a perfect replica of an original in magnesium and his is the only perfect repro out there including original part numbers, and the dizzy as he has done the Marelli twin plug copies which is what the ST would have had.

They run SC internals and Jag cap and rotor but visually look 100% correct. He also has the 4 points original system but Spencer begged me not to buy that one and the price difference was considerable.

EB Motorosport contributing the fibreglass shrouds and the cartridge filter as they do the correct paper filter and thermostat block off where as Ben has similar but uses different internals to original.

Chris Flavell is rebuilding the 46IDI carbies

Darren is acting a go between as Ben's communication skills leave a bit to be desired. Darren has pointed me int he right direction and certainly saved me some time

So much of my money flowing over the pond currently

I get the middle one

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
        Last edited by Terminator; 20-11-15, 07:17 AM.
        Clyde Boyer
        TYP 901 Register Inc.
        President
        Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Factory 2.5 MFI engine pic

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Note the solid engine support bracket but swiss cheese exhaust support bracket

I won't be running that exhaust system wouldn't pass any noise tests and with this first motor I will be running heating so going to make up something that works with heat exchangers

For the MFI motor I will try to replicate factory
          Clyde Boyer
          TYP 901 Register Inc.
          President

Comment

Clyde, I'm looking forward to the day that I can have a good look over this car when you are finished. Looks like a real work of art. Maybe you can dust it off for the next AGM? Not that expect there would be much dust on it.

Comment

Very nice Clyde and I can see by the runners that you have your sleeves rolled up.
              It begs the question; when does a car that was built to race hard become tooo nice to drive??

Comment

Great progress Clyde!!

Cheers,

Harry.

Comment

any progress is an improvement
                  Clyde Boyer
                  TYP 901 Register Inc.
                  President

Comment

Thanks for that info Clyde. I believe that both Ben Coles and Chris Flavell are great engineers. Chris is also prepared to give advice and explanations of his engineering solutions and experience that even to rank amateurs like me seem totally logical and are understandable. I would like to see him apply his usual approach to his website.

Pity about the Aud and pound exchange rate though.

Comment

Chris is a real gentleman. I bought a lightened moly flywheel from him and it had some balance issues. He was straight away sending me a new original one from Rose Passion, at his expense and then continued it call me me every day to check on progress on the new fitting. His knowledge of things metallurgical (he has a PhD in fracture dynamics) is amazing.

Comment

Arrived today for the ST from EB racing in the UK

This first engine will have heat exchangers and therefore heat, they even have a kit for that too.
                        Attached Files
                        Clyde Boyer
                        TYP 901 Register Inc.
                        President

Comment

Originally posted by Terminator View Post
                          Arrived today for the ST from EB racing in the UK

This first engine will have heat exchangers and therefore heat, they even have a kit for that too.
                          Very nice Clyde!

I had to look at the pic twice as I thought it was a bunch of broken pieces on the ground

Cheers,

Harry.

Comment

More progress, twin plug heaven
                            Attached Files
                            Clyde Boyer
                            TYP 901 Register Inc.
                            President

Comment

You have to admire what good engineers can do. Lovely work Clyde.

Comment

Are you getting any port work done Clyde?
                                Cam Arnott
                                Looking for engine #6208151
                                1970 911E (Sold)
                                '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
                                2 x Split Screen Kombis
                                TYP 901 Register # 78
                                Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Working...
                                X