This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NZ trip went very well, more details to follow next week
    Last edited by Terminator; 29-08-10, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Guess that means we have a new member of the family Darren??????
      Clyde Boyer
      TYP 901 Register Inc.
      President
      Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Love both photos Justin particularly the second one it looks awesome which is how it looks close up also
        Clyde Boyer
        TYP 901 Register Inc.
        President

Comment

Great looking car Darren.

Love that Gulf Blue...one of the best early 911 colours IMHO.

Soooo....did you buy it??

Comment

A few more pics of my 1970 911E.
            Matching numbers non-sunroof Karmann coupe. 2.2 MFI w/ 901 trans.
            S trim, S steel front valence, Al Reed polished Deep6 Fuchs.
            Leaf Green in color, originally Irish Green. The color has really grown
            on me & I think if I ever did a complete restoration, I would paint it
            Leaf Green. Engine & trans were rebuilt about 7000 miles ago, car
            has 158,000 total. Car is lowered to euro specs w/ all new bushings,
            21/26 torsion bars, SC spring plates aligned & corner balanced
            After driving this E over 2500 miles since August
            thru the mountains of Colorado & New Mexico I now finally understand
            the allure of the early 911 !

Comment

a few more...

Comment

Man Chris...

The car is pretty enough...but that scenery!!! You take a great pic (I have told you this before). What beautiful country .

Cheers,

Comment

HI Chris,

sorry I didn't post a reply to your post about the pics of my 72E up around Hood River.

yes indeed I did call into Route 30 Classics to see Stephen D. it was the main reason I drove to that area. I had bought some stuff off eBay from him so called in to pick it up (as you do when you live 8000 miles away).

The roads just east of his place are fabulous and its easy to see why so many cars and bikes frequent the place during summer.

I spend a bit of time in Colorado on business - was just there a few weeks ago. I will have to meet up with you next time and maybe introduce you to my buddy in Denver who has craved an early 911 for a while. he needs help to find one.

Those pics you post are truly representative of the beautiful Rockies and man, you have some great roads to drive over there. Altitudes a bit of a problem for the MFI , bit I am sure you are tuned for that.

Looking forward to seeing you more on this new board.

Cheers,
                  sigpicPhil Lack
                  TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                  Early 911-S Registry # 690
                  R-Gruppe # 367
                  '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                  '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
                  2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                  1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Hi Chris,

I am the guy with the silver 2.4S Targa who posted pics of my restoration on the Early S registry site and we spoke back and forth for a while.

Lovely car you have there and welcome aboard. Apparently the SC is a beauty also.

Many years ago when, I could play a bit of golf, I played the Braodmoor Amateur Championships...awesome place and loved how far the ball went at that altitude.

Welcome aboard, look foward to apic with "The Hat" on!!!
                    Clyde Boyer
                    TYP 901 Register Inc.
                    President

Comment

Heres the last of the four 46K 1971T with lots of factory S parts
                      Clyde Boyer
                      TYP 901 Register Inc.
                      President

Comment

Phil~
                        Glad you made it to see Stephen...he has a great shop in a little
                        slice of heaven ! The PCA parade will be held in Portland, OR this year
                        just down the road from Hood River. I am sure I will stop in & cruise
                        some of the back roads of the Hood River Valley.
                        Hopefully we can meet up sometime. I live in Durango, CO which
                        is down in the SW corner of the state...about a 6 hour drive from
                        Denver. You are a long way from home on business out here, eh?!!
                        Will you be attending Rgruppe in Sonoma this May or Parade in August?

Clyde~
                        You have some gorgeous cars in your collection. WOW !!
                        Very impressive. Did you buy the 71T out of Canada?
                        I think this is your car...one of my favorite "action" shots of a

Hope to meet everyone here someday !

Cheers

Comment

Thats it Chris.

I know Robert Gross and he bought the car before Martin bought it from him. Thats Martin in the photo. I had heaps of photos that Robert had sent me two years earlier.

Robert gave it the big thumbs up so when it sat for sale on the Early S registry board for a week or two I decided why not. I was really surprised it didn't get snapped up as someone just paid $32,5000 for the same car with 55,000 miles from Don and I can tell you I didn't pay anything like thateven after paying to import it.
                          Haven't acatually seen it yet it arrives on the boat this week.

My other recent purchase the Bill Noon 69S has arrived and I should get to drive it on Friday. Now that will be a blast I hope!!!!
                          Clyde Boyer
                          TYP 901 Register Inc.
                          President

Comment

Yippee!

Clyde,

Come and sign out the trade plate...you'll need it!

Cheers,

Comment

SC pics

Here is some pictures of my 1982 911SC Targa
                              I bought it here in town almost 7 years ago from an
                              ad in our local paper. Now this is a small town of about 14,000 people
                              with probably 10-15 Porsche's total. Point being you never see them
                              advertised for sale. At the time I was 32 years old, (2 years over my
                              self-imposed deadline of "I will have a Porsche by the time I am 30
                              years of age!) Anyway its mid January I see the ad : 82 911SC
                              28,000 miles, no rain/no snow all orig. I checked it out, drove it, showed
                              the car to my wife Holly...I wanted a coupe, she likes the Targa better.
                              Ended up looking at a bunch of cars for the next 3 months all over
                              the SW, then finally came back to this one. Its a great car!

Purchased w/ 28,000 miles, now has 50,000 miles. 3 owner car
                              originally from Las Vegas, NV. Window sticker & all records from day 1.
                              Recently lowered to Euro specs, new Bilsteins, Turbo tie-rods, Weidman
                              7's & 9's, Monty stainless 2in/1out exhaust, SSI's & chrome ring H4's.
                              Just found a set of ratty Porsche sport seats on Pelican for $100 (score!).
                              Having them restored by Tony Garcia of Autobahn Interiors.
                              Should be a nice addition. Ok ...sorry for rambling, let's see if I can post some pics.

Comment

a few more...

Comment

Working...
                                X