This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet car!

Man that is a pretty car Chris! It would have to be one of the best SC examples I have seen and that is saying something !

Doesn't matter that it's not an early 911...it is one of your P-car rides and pics of such a beauty are welcome on this board .

Oh and I see that my notes on how to post multiple pics may have helped a little... :wink:

Cheers,

Comment

I know...not a longhood !
      Last edited by Terminator; 29-08-10, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Terminator
        Thats it Chris.

I know Robert Gross and he bought the car before Martin bought it from him. Thats Martin in the photo. I had heaps of photos that Robert had sent me two years earlier.

Robert gave it the big thumbs up so when it sat for sale on the Early S registry board for a week or two I decided why not. I was really surprised it didn't get snapped up as someone just paid $32,5000 for the same car with 55,000 miles from Don and I can tell you I didn't pay anything like thateven after paying to import it.
        Haven't acatually seen it yet it arrives on the boat this week.

My other recent purchase the Bill Noon 69S has arrived and I should get to drive it on Friday. Now that will be a blast I hope!!!!
        Clyde~

How do you do it? 2 sweet 911's in one year? Both very beautiful cars.
        I remember seeing the ads for both these cars. I have a friend in town
        who has expressed interest in early 911's...I showed him Bill's ad & kept telling him, this is a deal, buy this car!
        Surprised Martin's car was around as long as it was.
        Congratulations !! I bet you can't wait until Friday

Comment

71 911T KYJ 911

My first post on this site. A test run.
          Attaching a few shots of my T on the day that I collected it from Mike T - the day before the 356 Parade. Mike was true to his word that it would be ready - even though he did more than originally planned - as always happens. Still more to do, but that can wait until after Julie's memory fades re the cost (which was very very reasonable)- just like when a woman has her second baby - is that true Lisa?
          Peter Williams #049
          Secretary TYP901
          1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Stopping at 3!

Originally posted by gouldwil
            My first post on this site. A test run.
            Attaching a few shots of my T on the day that I collected it from Mike T - the day before the 356 Parade. Mike was true to his word that it would be ready - even though he did more than originally planned - as always happens. Still more to do, but that can wait until after Julie's memory fades re the cost (which was very very reasonable)- just like when a woman has her second baby - is that true Lisa?
            Hmmmm....took 4+ years for the memory to fade between 1 & 2, such was the agony of no.1!...less than 2 years between 2 & 3, such was the joy of 2...3 had me looking like a beached whale and that memory will never, ever fade so we are done! Now as for Julie and her memory....well it's easy. You spend on your passion, she should spend on hers (about equal should do it :lol: ). And don't you dare say that you are her passion! Either that or you could just tell a porky pie and say it was a roadworthy related repair.... :wink: .

Now seriously, the car looks beautiful - go drive and enjoy and worry about the other repairs later...

Cheers Peter and you did good with yr first post!

Comment

Chris, great to see your SC in public, instead of privately on the email you sent Lisa, it sure is a very pretty car, you must be proud of it!! It must be hard to decide which one to use? :?

Peter, good to see you on board and showing off the other Lady in your life. What a pair they make Julie and KYJ.

Comment

Stop it Mike or someone will think you have a sense of humour like Mr Williams.

Nice pics Peter car looked good close up also can't wait till you tear it down for the full repaint. I will lend you a car to drive!!!
                Clyde Boyer
                TYP 901 Register Inc.
                President
                Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Clyde, what happened to ARNIE? He will be missed.

Comment

I'll be back!!!!!
                    Clyde Boyer
                    TYP 901 Register Inc.
                    President

Comment

replacement p-car

Clyde

Do I get a choice of which car I can borrow?
                      By the time I get around to having a full re-spray Mike T will probably be long retired (although he will come out of retirement to do my car) and your 'fleet' number is likely to be equivalent to "Yellow Cab's" - and El Pres will be similar to 'Silver Top's" the way you are both acquiring. Who's currently leading the race? I know you'll argue Quality vs. Quantity - that is, have a large quantity of quality p-cars!!

Pop
                      Peter Williams #049
                      Secretary TYP901
                      1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Yeah I am thinking of selling my RS so I can buy 10 other cars like the most recent car acquired by El Pres....not!!!!!!!!
                        Clyde Boyer
                        TYP 901 Register Inc.
                        President

Comment

Originally posted by spydr32000
                          Chris, great to see your SC in public, instead of privately on the email you sent Lisa, it sure is a very pretty car, you must be proud of it!! It must be hard to decide which one to use? :?

Mike,
                          thanks for the kind words. I do enjoy it, even more so now with the
                          SSI's & Monty stainless exhaust...the car really breathes much better.
                          From August on...after I acquired my 70E, it was all longhood drives.
                          The green machine is such a blast to drive....quite addicting !
                          I took a break from racing road/mtb & just enjoyed the Porsche experience.
                          A few months ago after hammering the car thru the canyons with a friend,
                          he says "no wonder you have not been riding, this car is too much fun!"

I can hardly wait until May & the big trip to the Calif coast & up to Sonoma
                          8)

Comment

Show Your Ride

Thought I might try and post some pics of the 2.4 E now I,ve got all the Hume Hwy bugs off it again.

Its running well since Mike J fitted new CDI & coil...it actually has a spark now !

Given my height the sunroof is very handy but I have to wear sunnies on the freeway to stop the bugs (just kidding) :wink:

Andrew

Comment

:lol: :lol: :shock: :wink: :lol: :lol:

Nothing else to say.....Mike and I are laughing too hard!

Cheers buddy!

Comment

Favourite Shot of MY L from the Nats taken by Mark Goddard

Favourite Shot of MY L from the Nats taken by Mark Goddard. It just seems to encapsulate that day....nice venue, good drive, lovely day and good company....

what a marvellous little car..
                                Justin Reed
                                aka Reedminor
                                1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
                                1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
                                1961 356B #114700
                                Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Working...
                                X