Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having finally at last got around to registering on this Board, I thought a couple of pics of my two garage queens might be in order. Although our daughter insists one of them is a boy.
    Last edited by Terminator; 29-08-10, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Tony,

I notice your blue 73S has front bumper over riders...was this a standard fitment or optional as I notice some 73's have and some not?

Thanks

Andrew

Comment

I'm not exactly sure Andrew, but my understanding is that the over-riders were standard during the 60's and became optional in the 70s. Early cars were chrome only, rubber pad inserts appeared c1968. Probably they were part of the S-trim Pak? I don't believe they were standard on Es or Ts. There were plenty of variations depending on which country, including the big ugly US rubber ones. Dr Johnsons book has a fair bit of information on the permutations.

The photos I have of the car from Clyde pre-restoration certainly have the same over-riders.

Comment

Hi Guys

Thought I’d introduce myself to the board, as a long time enthusiast, but new to this board (thanks Lisa). This car is a Aust delivered T, which I bought on a strong recommendation from the late John Gregory better than 8 years ago. With a recent front suspension pan rebuild and new sills by Tankard last year, there’s not a lot that hasn’t been rebuilt and tweeked, having said that a heavier set of torsion bars and sports seats are on the horizon. Look forward to putting some faces to names in person.
          Last edited by Terminator; 29-08-10, 09:32 PM.
          Paul Wischer
          1969 911T
          1979 Californian Moke
          TYP 901 Register Member #77

Comment

Welcome Paul from the northern brethren - its great to see longtime 901 owners like yourself coming out of the woodwork.

great looking car - would love to hear more about it. I imagine Lisa Gregory would already know it?

I'm sure Hugh will be after you for numbers for his register.

What size rims are you running?

tonyc

Comment

Yep Tony,

Sure do! A very pretty car it is too...Paul should answer on the rims, including their refurbish - looks trick doesn't it!

FYI Paul is our TYP901 Newsletter printer; he helps a lot with advice prior to each edition printing so an extra-special welcome !

Cheers,

Comment

Andrew,

The Gemini Blue 1973 S originally had air conditioning and definately has always had overriders on the front although it used to have the sort that worked with the air con (shorter rubber pads and attachments for the air conditioner protector bars) on the other hand my Silver 73 S Targa has never had them.

They were an option which cost $26 dollars each in 1973.

I was going to put them on the Targa as I like them but was talked out of it in the end plus one side is NLA from Porsche now anyway.

I have some for sale in the Parts for Sale section if you are interested.

Nice looking car paul see you at a run soon.
                Clyde Boyer
                TYP 901 Register Inc.
                President
                Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Very nice and purposeful looking car Paul...

Cheers from the States,
                  Chuck Miller
                  The Australian TYP 901 Register #062
                  Early 911S Registry #109 - Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator
                  R Gruppe #88

Comment

Thanks for the welcome

Fair to say that Lisa & Mike know more about this car than anyone, as it has been maintained / improved by Spyder for better than 15 years.

Tony, I am currently running 6 / 7's (x15"), shod with 50 series DJ01's on the rear and DZ02's on the front. The rims are a matching set date stamped '73 that have been polished, reanodised and painted to be period correct.

I'll have to look up numbers on the car in my files, which I'll post shortly.

Cheers,
                    Paul Wischer
                    1969 911T
                    1979 Californian Moke
                    TYP 901 Register Member #77

Comment

paul

handsome car. what's in the back?

also, why different tyres F and R?

Comment

Paul, looks like you had the guards rolled to accommodate the rear 7's. is that right ??

How is the clearance ? Are there spacers on the rears at all ?

Noting the track rubber, do you do a few sprints ??
                        sigpicPhil Lack
                        TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                        Early 911-S Registry # 690
                        R-Gruppe # 367
                        '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                        '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
                        2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                        1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Clyde

When you say the Gemini Blue S "originally had air conditioning" I take it you mean it had been installed by the time you first acquired it - my records from Porsche Aust don't indicate it was delivered with A/C, so I have always assumed it was installed by either John Tillet in Sydney (original owner) or John Taylor in Melbourne prior to you owning it. Do you know which?

BTW looking forward to seeing some detailed pics of the new T. Are you pleased with it, given that you set the bar so high?

Comment

Hey Tony,

next time you are down in Melbourne, you have to go out to see the car. You WILL be impressed by its originality and condition.

Let us know if you have any travel plans south so we can organise a dinner and a viewing.
                            sigpicPhil Lack
                            TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                            Early 911-S Registry # 690
                            R-Gruppe # 367
                            '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                            '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
                            2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                            1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

My understanding is air con was fitted by the dealers in Australia and I believe it was in the car when John Taylor acquired it and from memory it was the genuine porsche offerred system. I removed it and sold it to Mike Tankard who installed it in a car for a NT owner. You have the pics of the holes it left.

I am pleased with the car except for the rear deck which has been stained but I am on the track of some matching german vinyl to fix the problem. There are a couple of very minor, stress minor, irritations but it wasn't bought as a concourse car.

I won't reveal what I paid for it but it was a good deal in my opinion and I think Phil will support that view.

Exhaust system is stuffed but it was supplied with 2 X NOS heat exchangers, 4 new Konis (factory fitted from new), new MichelinXWX tyres, 5 x Deep Dish 6" fuchs and S trim all around. I have to add the muffler and fit the shocks. Apart from that don't think I will be spending a cent, just some time detailing.

Car is pristine underneath, not clean, but all original and undamaged. It had been sprayed with the protective wax coating from the factory and that is all still evident.

It will make a great car for someone. It does drive very well, pulls strongly no rattles and shakes, doors close properly etc. Its a bit floaty in the front but the new shocks should fix that problem I hope.

Its a real time warp............as it was described .
                              Clyde Boyer
                              TYP 901 Register Inc.
                              President
                              Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Beautiful car...

S Trim, no rocker trim or rockers, great rear overriders!! wheels to die for,

all in all fantastic combination in my humble opinion, would love to do the same... sort of sneakin up on R Gruppe!

Shane

Comment

Working...
                                X