Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like I got the last piece then. He still has the B&W

Comment

I bought a stash of his B&W for my sport seats - it's really lovely.
      John Forcier
      1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
      1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
      Restoration Saga
      1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

If it's Garry Hall at Classic FX you speak of he has 6m of black and white left and is still sold out of red black and white, I placed an order today.
        Cheers,
        Matthew

'71 911E Coupe

Comment

My fabric from Garry Hall arrived today. Off to the trimmers soon.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Merv; 16-06-15, 11:03 AM. Reason: add

Comment

Looks great Merv

Comment

I think they will thanks Tony. The seats themselves are very good, well sprung, operating correctly and unmarked. I will give them a try if I ever get my car back ...

Comment

Does anyone know if Tony Garcia or someone else will sell the sports seats foam/seat pads?

Comment

Lakewood sell the kits Nick https://www.lakewell.com/en/porsche/...sche-911-65-73

But maybe not just the foam pads. You could ask

These guys have most stuff but again not the foam pads for the Sports seats.

World Upholstery & Trim manufactures authentic reproductions of restoration trim parts for 1965-1973 Porsche 911 Coupe. Our products include seat covers/upholstery, seat pads, carpets, headliners, interior panels, rubber seals, sunvisors, convertible tops and other accessories.

Could you make your own? I am sure John will know as he is doing the same.

Comment

Originally posted by npvpositive View Post
                    Does anyone know if Tony Garcia or someone else will sell the sports seats foam/seat pads?
                    Yes the guys who distribute the recaro copies sold by Lakewell and others sell the foam parts

I will locate their contact info, based in the USA
                    Clyde Boyer
                    TYP 901 Register Inc.
                    President
                    Early S Register Member #294

Comment

World upholstery have a number of products that they don't list on their web site.......

As an example my rear seat bottoms were non-existent, and when I enquired they were kind enough to supply a set for me at no extra charge.........always worth an email

Comment

The horns of a dilemma. I fitted one of the comfort seats today.

Now I am less sure that I will use them at all. They are very good seats but don't compare with the experience of the Torino replica sports seats.

I also bought the superb fabric (Red/Black/ White) from Gary Hall in the UK to fit to these comfort seats.

I am currently inclined to bag up the comfort seats as part of the car's originality and either sell the 2m of fabric or use it to replace the B/W peptia on the Torinos! Even if that was possible.

Decisions, decisions!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Use Garry's pepita and recover the torinos - best of both worlds.

And I told you so :p

PS - you could begin the hunt for a pair of genuine 68 S sport seats - there were an option for the L. No change from $10k though
                          John Forcier
                          Restoration Saga

Comment

Yes John, the comfort seats are quite liveable. But you seem to sit lower (that could be adjusted). However, the Torinos set such a high standard and seem even better than the original Recaro sports seats I have tried. Expensive and not as good. The Comfort seats were sought to add to originality as my car come without them.

I wonder how easy/difficult replacing the existing pepita on the BF Torinos would be? Looking at the side seam those centre sections in the upright bolster are a separate component and could be easily re-done? Phil is that right?
                            Last edited by Merv; 11-08-15, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Merv View Post
                              The horns of a dilemma. I fitted one of the comfort seats today.

Now I am less sure that I will use them at all. They are very good seats but don't compare with the experience of the Torino replica sports seats.

I also bought the superb fabric (Red/Black/ White) from Gary Hall in the UK to fit to these comfort seats.

I am currently inclined to bag up the comfort seats as part of the car's originality and either sell the 2m of fabric or use it to replace the B/W peptia on the Torinos! Even if that was possible.

Decisions, decisions!
                              Hi Merv,

let me know if you want to sell your red/black/white pepita - I have a set of sports seats that need new inserts.

I also have red/white/black inserts from Sierra Madre that have a more burgundy than red colour band if you're interested in them.
                              Cheers,
                              Ben.

Comment

Originally posted by Merv View Post
                                Yes John, the comfort seats are quite liveable. But you seem to sit lower (that could be adjusted). However, the Torinos set such a high standard and seem even better than the Recaro sports seats I have tried. The Comfort seats were sought to add to originality as my car come without them.

I wonder how easy/difficult replacing the existing pepita on the BF Torinos would be? Looking at the side seam those centre sections in the upright bolster are a separate component and could be easily re-done? Phil is that right?
                                Justin Reed had his similar seats redone last year using Eric Lindner's (NLA) fabric and they came out beautifully. It didn't seem to be a problem. My own Nurburgring seats were apparently very easy to re-do according to my trimmer as well.
                                John Forcier
                                Restoration Saga

Comment

Working...
                                X