No announcement yet.

993 to 901

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Paul, yes would like a photo of the older pedals and installation position if you have one or can wait for the new one's position also. Cheers.
    Paul M
    Last edited by PCM911T; 09-01-17, 11:21 PM. Reason: addition.

Comment

Paul,

This is the best photo of the old pedal set up I have.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Thanks Paul, looks pretty much like the factory position,
        Cheers and looking forward to the progress on your rebuild.
        Paul M

Comment

Hi Paul, any progress to report on your rebuild?

Paul M

Comment

I'm in a bit of a holding pattern at the moment waiting on parts to turn up. Cant complete the engine and get it on the dyno until the fiberglass tinware turns up. Cant sort out the brakes until my wheels turn up from Image in the UK:
            The Billet 110 Classic Design Alloy Wheel, a popular wheel for Porsche, VW and camper vans. 5 Stud and Centre Lock. Image Wheels Bespoke CNC alloy wheels.

They should be light and strong.
            Accumulating bits and pieces for the interior, had the dash and door tops trimmed in Alcantara, looks fantastic.
            Will post some pics when I have something to show.

Comment

I've been hanging out to post an update but nothing much is happening. I've been promised the wheels will arrive this week.
              One of the things I really liked from the race car was the shifter set up. My Father In Law made a cool lightweight alloy shift knob. I got him to make a matching handle for the handbrake.
              I know you matching number Anoraks will hate this but its a Hot Rod so I figure a bit of originality is allowed.
              Last edited by Paul Ford; 03-04-17, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Ford View Post
                I know you matching number Anoraks will hate this but its a Hot Rod so I figure a bit of originality is allowed.
                that's easily fixed Paul ............. just get him to stamp the vin number into each of them somewhere unobtrusive. then they will be "matching numbers" as well as "hot rod"

PS they look great
                Hugh Hodges
                1973 E
                Australian TYP 901 Register #005
                Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Must be handy to have a father in law with those skills.

Comment

My new wheels turned up at Promotive yesterday. They were supposed to be exact Fuchs replicas but as you can see from the photo the edges on the petals are a lot sharper than the originals. I'm yet to see them in the flesh so undecided about sending them back.
                    What do you guys think?

Comment

They do seem to have sharp edges Paul. Are these for the race car? If for a more stock car they would not appear to replicate originals.

Comment

I would send them back and ask for a refund for postage as well. If advertised as an exact replica they don't have an argument. Why do things always have to be so bloody hard all of the time.
                        Are the braids any better?

Comment

Definitely not close to original, but I'm liking the billet appearance.

Comment

Not exact replicas, but that edge is probably stronger. You are not building a concourse car, so I'd keep them. Just a little bit different also gives some individuality.
                            Cheers
                            Paul M

Comment

Originally posted by Cairns888 View Post
                              IAre the braids any better?
                              yes, they look much more like the originals: braid2.jpg

Last edited by patrick911; 15-04-17, 11:20 PM.
                              1973 911T Coupe
                              1976 911S Coupe - 2.8RSR to be

"Just don't lift mid-turn."

Comment

I bought these before Cameron started importing Braids, They seem fine to me.
                                Most the reps have the outer lip.
                                This gallery has 2 photos.
                                Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Working...
                                X