No announcement yet.

993 to 901

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi Fordy, managed to migrate myself from the back burner to a more productive position ,so checking up on your posts, last photos give some indication of the effort involved to transform your acquisition from its previous state back to it former glory (plus some) .Photos are impressive , unfortunately ,it is most often only the hands on personnel that have a real grasp of commitment ,thumbs up to you for keeping your focus ,saw your car in the flesh yesterday,
    it is total filth

Comment

This is awesome, keep the pics coming Paul!
      Tom Laube
      Instagram - #first_corner_fever

Porsche - '73 LHD 911T, '72 RHD 911T, '79 All Rounder SC
      VW - '60 Type1 Factory Sunroof, '64 Kombi

Comment

Hi Paul,

Could you provide some detail (and/or detail pictures) on the changes you've made on the front panel to fit the oil cooler?
        What cooler are you going to go for and what cutting/metal work was required for that space?
        thanks mate!

1973 911T Coupe
        1976 911S Coupe - 2.8RSR to be

"Just don't lift mid-turn."

Comment

Patrick,

There's some detail on this thread around post#20. I can get you accurate dimensions in a week or so when I take the car to Mike Harris for mechanical fit out. I'm going to get a custom PWR cooler to maximise the space available as this car will be getting plenty of track use.
          I'm also running Elephant Racing finned oil lines for additional cooling.

Comment

Thanks mate - much appreciated!
            1973 911T Coupe

Comment

Patrick,

Found a few photo's with dimensions.
              Let me know if you want any more.
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

One more shot showing the cut out.
                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Awesome. Thanks Paul!
                  1973 911T Coupe

Comment

Patrick,

Jeff has just fitted his as well.

In this episode I cut into my nicely painted car, so I can fit a front mounted oil cooler. Find more Home Built by Jeffhttps://www.facebook.com/HomeBuiltByJe...

Comment

Panel and paint phase is finally over.
                      Picking it up on Tuesday.
                      Push is on to have it ready for the start of the PCQ sprint season.
                      This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Picked up the car (And matching Light Ivory Trailer) today and dropped it off at Promotive in Brisbane for finishing off..
                        Very happy with the quality of the paint.
                        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

What will Promotive be doing to it Paul?

Comment

Mike Harris is finishing the rest off.
                            Engine and trans are done, just have to do the tinware and throw it on the dyno.
                            Still needs the wiring harness, fuel cell, seats and a bit of trim.

Comment

Hi Paul, from memory you are going to install a different pedal set. I would be interested to see photos of this and how it works out. I find the left offset of the factory pedals uncomfortable and am thinking of replacing them with an aftermarket set. Any suggestions would be welcome. thanks
                              Paul M

Comment

I'm putting in a set of Tiltons: http://tiltonracing.com/product-cate...ls/900-series/
                                I had a pretty good set of custom race pedals in there before but the Tiltons are a bit lighter and look a bit better. I can send you a photo of them if you are interested?
                                The car is at Promotive until it's finished:http://promotive.com.au/projects/
                                Mike has a few interesting projects on the go as well as mine.

Comment

Working...
                                X