No announcement yet.

993 to 901

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irish Green RSR for you (I think you have to go with a tan interior personally). Otherwise any colour but white...

Today I sent off my 73.5 targa to the body shop. The car originally was a metallic silver and I am considering a color change.I already have an E in that color and might like something different. I know the value argument but as far as I am concerned once the original paint comes off, the car is no longer original. So if you paint it a period color what difference does it make.I am not 100% comitted to a color change but if you were to order a targa in 1973 what would be your dream color on
    Attached Files
    John Forcier
    1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
    1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
    Restoration Saga
    1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

+1 on John's suggestion

Comment

Awesome colour John. How do dark colours fair as a race car?

Comment

What fishie says ( I'm biased) and then get the front of the car protected with Ozi cozi.

Failing that Lime green. There is an st replica owned by a fellow in the states with a surname McLaughlin.... Check on esr. That car is just insane.

The late Tony McKnight who was a close friend and who owned the car before it became a cup car would be delighted either way
          Justin Reed
          aka Reedminor
          1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
          1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
          1961 356B #114700
          Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Nice in Burgundy with the tan ...

Comment

I love that Irish Green, but for a race car -no. Not visible enough on the track for spectators or competing drivers and matching the paint after a minor ding ???
              White with logos would be my choice for ease of repair.
              Cheers
              Paul M

Comment

I agree with Paul. For a race car, paint it white. It will be stone chipped in 5 minutes and it will drive you crazy trying to keep dark paint looking nice. A quick re spray once a year would not be uncommon, so make it easy to match.
                The Irish green would look great in the garage tho.

Comment

Red is faster ...

Comment

My vote is for this one...
                    Attached Files
                    Damian Royce
                    TYP 901 Foundation Member #12

Instagram: @classiccaraddict

Comment

I think I'll leave it white and put on some period correct decals similar to this one.

Can you get Minilites in 15 x 12???
                      Attached Files

Comment

The widest seems to be 10"x15in Minilite or Performance Wheels Australia Superlite. Do you still have your old Simmons Wheels?

Paul M

Comment

Yeah, this is the car I keep looking at - the neatest one i've seen

Comment

Originally posted by PCM911T View Post
                            The widest seems to be 10"x15in Minilite or Performance Wheels Australia Superlite. Do you still have your old Simmons Wheels?

Paul M
                            Yes but they are 17's. I want to go to 15's to get the look right. Will probably go for the Braid Replicas.

Comment

Before and after of the trunk. I thought the L-R conversion of this car was OK but it was rough as guts and hidden under a lot of bog.
                              Now how it should be after much effort from my panel guy on the welder and grinder.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Todays before, during and after shots.
                                Floors are a mess particularly around the corners. The 993 body kit had side skirts preventing access to the jacking points. As a result the car was jacked up on the floors creating this mess.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Paul Ford; 09-03-16, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X