993 to 901

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PCM911T View Post
    John, the AOMC has the old VicRoads registration records, do you have a rego number?

Paul M
    Unfortunately not Paul - it was all anecdotal... I can and will do some further homework when the time comes.
    John Forcier
    1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
    1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
    Restoration Saga
    1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Originally posted by reedminor View Post
      Yes car was registered in nsw before being turned into a race car..... It was owned by my friend the late Tony McKnight.

Interestingly it was registered typ 901 from memory. Tony sold the car around 1995.

Justin
      Thanks for that info Justin. Might help my proof of registration quest a bit easier.

Comment

Holes in the rear parcel tray are now gone. Off to Mike Harris next week for the 1/2 cage and chassis mods then back to Jason for painting.
        Should have a all the body work done next month and start assembly.
        I've decided to be a boring conservative and paint it light ivory.
        Attached Files

Comment

While the body is away Jason is getting on with sorting out the doors and other bolt on panels.
          Unbelievable how much bog and paint were on these very straight doors.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hey Paul,
            with bated breath I eagerly await your next publication on progress, cheers jonni

Comment

The body is with Micheal Harris for the 1/2 cage, sway bar mounts, body stiffening and to sort out the ugly G50 gearbox mount so it might be a couple of weeks before it gets back to Jason for final paint and assembly.

Comment

It's been a while since my last update:
                G50 gearbox nose brackets have been tidied up and rejigged to suit Wevo mounts.
                Engine and gearbox test fitted today. Because the G50 is longer and higher I need to find a nice looking solution to cover the hole.
                When it was a race care there was a very ugly aluminium housing bolted over it.
                Options I'm looking at are buying original seat panels and modifying to suit or trying to graft in a 964/993 tunnel section.
                Any suggestions?
                The 3.8 is starting to look the business as well.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Paul Ford; 06-07-16, 08:29 PM. Reason: update post

Comment

The motor seems further forward Paul, almost mid-engined (.

Comment

What about a one piece seat base the way across? It would look similar to an engine shroud!

Is there going to be seats in the back? It could use incorporate a centre armrest/ console.

Comment

I'm going with a 1/2 cage so no back seats.
                      I've found a 964 rear seat section that could possibly be grafted in. Not planning on running carpet so want it to look as neat and "factory" as possible.

Comment

Have a look at the Chris Jury car on DDK. He used a flat panel he made to cover the whole section but gives access to the gearbox and suspension. Looked very neat. I'll try and find you a link.

Edit: Here's a Pelican link http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...w-project.html
                        John Forcier
                        Restoration Saga

Comment

This is one of the best home done hot rod stories. Read this a couple of years ago. This guy has some ace ideas. Thanks John

Comment

Thanks for that John.
                            There's some interesting detail in that car.

Comment

One other thought Paul is to use the factory (or replica) rear seat delete and and storage box...
                              Attached Files
                              John Forcier
                              Restoration Saga

Comment

That looks good John

Comment

Working...
                                X